The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is a housing scheme launched by the Government of India in June 2015. This program me has been initiated with an aim to provide affordable housing options to the deprived sections of the society.
PMAY has set a target to build around 2 Crore pucca houses including basic utilities such as sanitation, electricity and water supply by March 2022. Moreover, under this scheme, beneficiaries whose names are on the PM Awas Yojana list can avail home loans with an interest subsidy of up to 6.5%.
How to check your name in the PM Awas Yojana list?
PMAY scheme has been implemented for individuals living in urban and rural areas of India. And thus, the government has released two separate lists.
To know all about the PMAY list and how to check your name in it, refer to the steps mentioned below –
PMAY Urban list
To check your name in the PM Awas Yojana List, you have to visit their official website first; next –
- Click on “Search Beneficiary” button and go to the next page.
- Enter your Aadhaar number in the given field.
- Check the details of your PMAY application.
You can also Read: List of Positive Words
PMAY Gramin list
Applicants who fall under this category will receive a registration number once their application is accepted. To confirm your name in the PMAY beneficiary list, visit the official PMAY-Gramin site; next –
- Enter your registration number in the blank field.
- Click on your name and check for further details in the list.
Beneficiaries who don’t have a registration number can follow these steps mentioned below after visiting the official website –
- Click on the “Advanced Search” button.
- Enter your details in the given field and hit “Search” tab.
- Check your name and related details in the PM Awas Yojana List.
What are the benefits of PMAY?
There are several Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana benefits –
- PMAY beneficiaries will benefit interest subsidy amounting to Rs. 2.67 Lakh for 15 years from the commencement of their term.
- This housing scheme is alternately known as pro-women scheme for its preference to female applicants in a family.
- Eco-friendly materials and technology will be used for the construction of houses under this scheme.
- Senior citizens and differently-abled candidates will be given more preference for allocation of homes on the ground floor.
PMAY enables beneficiaries to enjoy special interest rate subsidies on home loans under CLSS. A majority of financial organisations and NBFCs offer housing loans under the PMAY scheme.
What are the eligibility criteria for PMAY Scheme?
The Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 is used for selection of applicants for the PM Awas Yojana list. Additionally, under this rural housing scheme, the government arranges meetings with village panchayats and tehsils before submitting the final list.
Know about the eligibility criteria for PMAY Scheme –
- Applicants who do not own a pucca house in their or any other family member’s name across the country.
- Applicants must belong to Lower Income Group (LIG), Middle Income Group (MIG) and Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
- People under the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe category.
- Married couples are eligible for both joint and single ownership. Henceforth, the beneficiaries will receive one subsidy on both these options.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) housing scheme has made buying homes affordable and convenient. It has also made it easier to check and verify your name in the PMAY list by following a few simple steps.